Redbank Plains State High School celebrates its diverse community and recognises the integral role parents and families play as partners in their children’s education. Our staff play a critical role in supporting this diversity, engaging with familes and the greater Redbank Plains and surrounds community, and modelling and fostering respectful relationships between learners and all members of the school community.
Redbank Plains State High School utilises a parent portal called Compass School Manager.
This portal is used by our school community – teachers, students, student’s families and administrators to provide immediate, real time information. The benefits of Compass are:
- Improved communication throughout the school community by way of a single point of contact that can be accessed via computers, smart phones and iPads
- Improved attendance management. Teachers mark rolls electronically and parents or teachers can approve absences online
- Access convenience. Information is available 24 hours/day from anywhere with internet availability.
- Classroom efficiency – teachers and students do not need to spend time collecting notes and hand delivering communication to the office and to parents
- Improved excursion management, event information and permission is (mainly) submitted online
- Student Attendance Records are accessible through Compass
- Live updates - newsletters and school news
- Your child’s schedule can be viewed
Each family requires a Username and Password. New Families will receive a letter containing a Username and Password at the start of the school year.
How to Log in to Compass
Download the app via: play.google.com or apps.apple.com
Download our Compass User Guide (PDF, 11.1 MB) for more information.
Communication between the school and home
Preferred method of communication with school staff is:
- Compass App
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or to a relevant staff member's email address
- Phone: 3432 1222
Contacting the school staff via social media is not appropriate. All requests will be directed to the school's main channels.
Information for parents and our community is provided through the school's
- social media channels - Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Compass App
- other emails and letters emailed home.