My name is Reuben Ricciardi. During term 1 (2022), I started as Chaplain here at Redbank Plains State High School. I live locally and enjoy being a part of this local community through sporting events, Church events and cultural events. It’s been exciting to move into a position to work with youth and within this awesome School.
I am really grateful for the warm welcome I’ve received from staff and students and I look forward to continuing to serve and support the community to the best of my abilities.
As a member of the support team here at Redbank Plains SHS, my role compliments the services offered by other support staff by supplying a flexible walk-in service for students and a safe listening ear.
Services I offer include:
• Support conversations for students, staff and parents
• Ongoing support for those in need
• Emergency food hampers and resources
• A safe hub for students to go during breaks
You can contact Reuben by calling: 07 3432 1222 and asking for the chaplain.
Emergency Relief Services
- Anglican Welfare Ministries- Goodna: Offers emergency relief, food panty and acts as information and referral services. Centrelink statement needed; open on Tuesdays 9am-2pm.Phone: 3818 0945; Address: 73 Alice Street, Goodna.
- Community Compassion: provide a listening ear, food hampers ($30), furniture, some BBQ meals available every 2 months, food supply will continue until needs change. Open 8am-2pm Mon,Tues,Thurs & Fri Phone: 3496 1514; Address: 1 Darling Street East, Woodend.
- Ipswich Assist: Ipswich assist has a compassionate team who will meet with you when crisis hits and assess the best way to help. It might be as simple as providing a parcel of food, or organising to help with food vouchers if clients qualify. We may feel that there another organisation that can also help and we well refer you there. Our offices are open to provide emergency relief each Tuesday 9am-12pm (must ring our office on Monday to book an appointment) Phone: 3413 1070; Address: 20 Limerick Street, Ipswich.
- Salvation Army: supplies food, clothing, furniture and other general welfare assistance; hours open Monday to Friday 9am-4pm. Phone: 1300 371 288; Address: 14 Ellenborough Street, Ipswich.
- Beacon Community Care- provides emergency assistance (in the form of food parcels) and holds courses on budgeting and other assistance. Wednesdays only, Brassall area only Phone: 3201 5088; 34A Workshops Street, Brassall
- Ipswich Housing and Support Services-: financial assistance to person experiencing financial hardship, case management support for food vouchers, rent arrears, Telstra, scripts and Queensland Rail Travel. Phone: 3816 1435; Address: 14 South Station Road, Booval.
- Riverview Community Centre- runs school holiday programs, provides a youth space, community training and employment. Emergency Relief Friday 9am- 10am appointment necessary. Phone: 3816 2111; Address: 7/28 Mitchell Street, Riverview.
- Redbank Plains Community Centre- project nourish food hampers on Monday afternoons 12:30pm-4pm, please phone to apply for one prior to collection, and referral to other emergency relief services upon request, contactless support available Monday – Friday 9am-3pm Phone: 0432 273 486; Address: 180 School Rd, Redbank Plains QLD 4301; Email: email@example.com
- Leichhardt Community Centre- non-perishable food hampers, 9am-10am Tuesday & Wednesday only. Phone: 3812 1270; Address: 1-17 Denman Street, Leichhardt.
- Carole Park Neighbourhood Centre- services provided include food shed 10am-12pm, emergency relief, school holiday activities, festivals and events, youth activities, DSQ music program, GOLD program, Alcohol and Drug Services by appointment and Centrelink support by appointment. Phone: 3271 3592; Address: 11A Southampton Road, Carole Park.
- Goodna Neighbourhood Centre- provides the following services: *Community Development and Community Capacity Building; * Advocacy, Information, Referral and Support: * Community Welfare Support & Referral; * Networking with local and surrounding agencies (government and non-government) and local groups; * Reproducing Community Guide (Carole Park); * Referral clients for Emergency Relief; * Meet and greet social activities group; * Art & Craft Group; * Line Dancing Group; *Management of volunteers; *Provision of office space for outreach services such as the South West Brisbane Legal Advice; *Tax Help Program; *Free fresh bread on Monday & Friday. Phone: 3818 1648; Address: 33 Queen Street, Goodna.
- Tivoli Drive in Theatre- $10 annual membership contribution when you join the coop and then you are welcome to come whenever we open to SAVE$$$EVERY WEEK; select groceries etc. form our extensive range of bargain priced bundled grocery items to make up hampers that suit your family. All hampers costing $10 or more also qualify for FREE bread, FREE Milk, FREE veges and a range of other FREE STUFF! Open Wednesdays from 10am-2pm and Thursdays for 12pm-6pm. Phone: 3812 0207; Address: 50 Coal Road, Chuwar.
- Shiloh Church Goodna- offers food hampers, Open 9am to 1pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday Phone: (07) 3288 5966; Address: 72 Redbank Plains Rd, Goodna QLD 4300
- Ipswich Food Barn- $25 food hampers, free fruit, veges and bread, open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 9am-2pm Phone: (07) 3496 1514; Address: 1 Darling St E, Woodend QLD 4305
- Ipswich Housing and Support Services- provides supported emergency accommodation for single women and families with children in their care, for a limited specified time frame, assistance and advocacy, information & support, with underlying issues to current housing crisis. Phone: 3816 1435; Address: 14 South Station Road, Booval.
- St Vincent De Pauls Ipswich Family Accommodation Support Services- help with accommodation and support to find permanent accommodation. Services include: temporary accommodation 12weeks, access to support worker with regular visits, assessment of your current situation, and help with creating plans for housing, health, and schooling, emotional support. Referrals for housing, Centrelink, counselling, legal information, childcare, schools, health, women's network, men's counselling, and support groups, transport to appointments and lice skills including budgeting, self-esteem, parenting, ,meal planning and recreation. Phone: 3432 6000; Address: 41 Waghorn Street, Ipswich.
- Incommunity- temporary supported accommodation for young people. Mobile support services for at risk homelessness or homeless. Phone: 3812 1199; Address: 26 Lowry Street, North Ipswich.
- Queensland Department of Housing- the department delivers a range of social rental housing through government owned and managed dwellings, as well as through registered providers of community and local government- managed social housing. It also works to help people in need access and sustain housing in the private rental market, through bond loans, rental grants, Rent Connect, and the National Rental Affordability Scheme. Phone: 3437 6000; Address: Upper Ground Floor, ICON Tower, 117 Brisbane Street, Ipswich.
- Uniting Care Financial First Aid; will link client in with financial counsellor as close as possible to them; can provide financial counselling over the phone and support with dealing with utilities companies. Phone: 1800 007 007
- Moneycare Ipswich (Salvation Army): available Mon, Tues, and Thurs, from 9am-5pm Phone: 3816 3170; Address: 133 Brisbane Street, Ipswich.
Links for Jobseekers
Australian Government apsjobs.gov.au/s
Services Australia servicesaustralia.gov.au/organisations/about-us/careers
Federal Health apsjobs.gov.au/s
Queensland Government smartjobs.qld.gov.au
Queensland Ambulance Service ambulance.qld.gov.au/rec-emd.html
Australian Personnel Solutions
Commonwealth Bank commbank.com.au/latest/cba-jobs
Pizza Hut pizzahut.com.au/careers
Opportunities in agriculture (National Harvest Labour Information Service) Call the hotline 1800 062 332
Labourforce Australia labourforce.com.au/find-jobs
Baxter Healthcare obs.baxter.com